Monday, February 23, 2009

What the-?! JS!!

Like the title... Our JS prom was held about three days ago(February 20, 2009) which was part boring, part headache, part satisfying and part WTH... The whole thing started after more than thirty minutes of being exposed to the sun, waiting for the late coming people to get in. "At exactly 4 o'clock, the gate will be closed and late comers would not be permitted to enter, even if they are with their parents. Moreover, parents will not be allowed to go inside." -that's what Sir Faustino said... or more likely what he said... anyway, those words were not kept; like I said earlier, we stood there waiting for the late comers to get to line and we could clearly see the parents INSIDE the school, taking pictures of their son/daughter.

Okay, I'll just continue the story... We got into line by section, and according to height. I could hardly recognize my female classmates, mostly because of the makeup and all the arranging of their hair... including their dress. The program began(ugh, finally), and we went to our seats by partners. The girl directly beside me was my partner, the name is Mary Anne or so I think... She held around my arm, then simultaneously walked to our seats. We sat down, then waited for the other section to get seated before the MC(I have no idea whoever she is) began to talk. So it's yada yada yada, bla bla bla... I didn't listen. The next thing that I took notice was there was they are calling out the contestants in JS King, JS Queen, Mr. and Ms. Senior and Mr. and Ms. Junior... my classmates teased me there. So yada yada yada, bla bla bla... I couldn't wait for the dinner that we payed P350 for; I was running on empty. When it finally came(eating time), we first got seats, then later went away to get food(which was very cheap to think about paying P350 for it). We came back, seeing our seats taken we just randomly took chairs and ate in an improvised way. After finishing, I still wasn't satisfied... I looked around the people sitting near me. Fortunate for me, there were one's who couldn't finish, so I finished it for them. After eating a lot, my stomach ached(I didn't expect to get full).

A dance of the cotillion was done(they've been practicing for so long), then finally, what everybody waited for was here, the whole meaning of the JS Prom: to dance. Everything was fine at the beginning; having somewhat rock song being played... the only thing that screwed up that night was the flashing light. My eyes couldn't take it and the front part of my brain began to hurt. I was cursing all around the place. Fortunately, when a friend requested a song, he also requested to turn off the flashing lights; my head didn't hurt anymore. Then, I just stood there by the middle of the cluster of our section, watching the people dancing. Charmaine; technically my first dance, was contracted by my classmate to dance me; however, it wasn't completed. We began to dance by the middle of the song. There were several other dances, mostly my former classmates. My last dance was supposedly Charmaine(again), but we thought it was already the last song so Femie became my last dance...

That's all.. I think. Yeah, whatever. I'll try to keep this blog updated.

1 comment:

  1. wow..very nice..very detailed huh?

    i've been planning to write about the JS Prom, but time didn't had the plan for me..but, maybe, in the middle of our summer vacation, i may be able to write about that..

    and oh, i'm also planning to make an english blog..^_^

    any suggestion in the topics i will write on that blog?

    tnx jim, have a nice vacation and a great life in college..take care..^_^

    ReplyDelete